Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Addiction?



To quote one of my blogging buddies, “I got thread!” 54 new old spools of thread were delivered into my hot little hands today, bringing my spool count up to 267 including an approximately 80 year old French blue variegated from Cartier Bresson (last pic). Is that too many? Perish the thought! Like vintage fabric and buttons, I love vintage thread. I don’t know if it’s the age or the colors; most likely both. I also adore the old label graphics on wooden spools. They’re a treasure all their own. I’ve read that thread degrades in quality as it ages, but I have never (jinx!) found that to be the case. Probably because it has spent decades in Grandma’s dark, temperature controlled sewing box. I’ll seek a 12 step program is thread starts to take over my life, but it’s going to have to get in line behind fabric and buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment